Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Home Beautiful magazine: Casa Ribena!

It's been the longest, and most agonising wait for me and finally it has arrived! Nearly 8 months ago Home Beautiful stylist Louise Owens and photographer Craig Wall came down to visit our fair city in a small car loaded to the roof with photographic equipment and a bucket full of beautiful flowers, to feature 2 Canberra homes for the magazine, one in Yarralumla, and one in lil' old Higgins.

In the May 2009, special colour issue (which hit the stands yesterday), and still to my husband's disbelief - 8 pages are dedicated to our humble abode (yes it's the one in West Belconnen). I can't tell you how simultaneously excited and nervy I am, but here it is... enjoy...





If you are new to Canberra's Got Style, welcome! And if you are keen to see more of my home, here are a few links to start you off... here... here... here... and here...



And, if I may just note a couple of small corrections: the floor plan incorrectly labels our outdoor deck area as the dining! if only I had that extra luxury of space.
And credit must go to Dylan's Granny for making his fabulous bedspread - she's such a clever thing - check out the secret pocket in it ...cute!


And stay tuned for the full before and after journey of our house, it's a doozy! You'll love it!
For now though, get your copy of the May issue of Australian Home Beautiful magazine, I hope you like it,

Love Nina x

21 comments:

Market Girl said...

Oh My Goodness, How divine!
If i was not already in my PJ's I would be out and buying it right now. Wonder if I can bribe the hubby.... Please?

Nanette said...

Good on you, Lisa. A friend emailed me from Helensburgh about the story. I'm looking forward to seeing it, from what I can see here it looks brilliant.

Hurrah for West Belconnen stylistas!
x

Anonymous said...

Congrats Lisa! Your place looks delightful. Certainly found some things for *my* inspiration board.

xxVee

Anonymous said...

WOW WOW WOW!!! I just did a little happy dance for you, this is soooo exciting!! Loving your home and style!!! What a beautiful shoot!

Linda said...

Love it! Congrats - how exciting!

Tania McCartney said...

I dashed out - I found it - I loved it! Congrats, Lisa!!! I KNOW the excitement you are feeling and I'm so thrilled for you. And PS: your house is divine.

perempuan said...

Wow, Lisa. Big news, congratulations! Can't wait to check out the magazine entry. Your house IS gorgeous.

Cosmic said...

I'm lovin' your style!

Jen of MadeByGirl said...

WOW CONGRATS Nina...that is so amazing.
To see your home in a mag...! : )))

Jen Ramos
'Cards & Prints You'll Love...'
www.madebygirl.com
madebygirl.blogspot.com

Amanda said...

Congratulations! Have sent hubby out to get a copy while I feed Small Child. Can't wait to see it...certain it's fabulous!

Michelle said...

Lisa! How fantastic! I will race out to get this mag later today. Congratulations!

Taphophile said...

Congrats, Lisa - will grab the library copy at lunchtime and show everyone!

Smaggle said...

Oh congrats lady! How exciting for you! xxx

Barb Fisher - Hopscotch said...

Hooray! I've been waiting for this issue just as impatiently as you have! OK, maybe not quite as much as you...but still.

Loving, loving, loving. Congrats honey. x

Market Girl said...

So now you are really showing off, back page of the Canberra Times!!

PS just re read Home beautiful last night word for word and realised you mentioned Handmade........... A thousand thank you's xxxx

ninaribena said...

{blushing} thankyou everyone for your lovely comments. To all those who rushed out to buy a copy I hope you enjoyed it cover to cover.

Pretty Young Thing: I also did a happy dance when I saw it in the newsagent, I think the lady thought I was nuts! Ha ha!

Market Girl: Of course I would mention Handmade! Thank YOU for putting it on Handmade blog! And the Canberra Times is only gettin' started... stay posted for a "relax magazine" feature (not this sunday but maybe next!)
gawd... my hubby will say I'm a media wh*re! Heh heh.

Love Nina x

Rosalind said...

That's awesome, the before photos were really something!

Jennifer Barker said...

I have just come across your blog via this issue. I am LOVING it! One of the images I esp liked was of the red frame with apples in it? It is behind you in one of the shots. Is this something you made? It looks gorgeous and I love the frame itself. I have been looking for a pink one...
Thank you for sharing your space!
Jen x

ninaribena said...

Jennifer Barker, Thankyou! yes the apples were a total DIY - including the frame! I used 12 x 65mm pine, mitred at the corners and fixed directly to the canvas edges, painted in high gloss red paint for a bit of melodrama!

Cheers,

Lisa (nina)x

mel bomba said...

Man, I've been heading over to your other blog wonder what the hell you have been doing then I remembered... ...Canberra

This is so cool, your house in a mag, I'm off to the newso tomorrow to have a good look.

Fariz Rachman Kartawinata-Abidin said...

Nina congratulations on the fabulous spread!!!

I am trying to be an interior designer while working full-time and I have been following your blog for a while now.. very inspirational!

Keep up the good work, I'm so glad that Canberra is now becoming more design conscious and this is nothing short of your work as well :) Congrats again!

Fariz