Monday, October 20, 2008

Water saving lawn: installed

Something to improve the environs at Casa Ribena arrived last week, and I'm please to say it's completely water saving and eco friendly.
I have mentioned my gardening 'black thumb of death' before (my garden exists by the graces of mother nature - bless), and though I'd like to say I'm seriously on the improve, I need to admit that a patch of immaculate grass is way beyond my commitment level in the garden. And with two little boys who adore the outdoors and have waited patiently for a soccer pitch - what's a girl to do?

Enter Eco-Lush and a patch of premium synthetic turf which will not EVER require watering, mowing, edging, fertilizing or weeding! Incredibly it's look and feel is quite convincing, if only being given away by it's perfection amongst the rubble!

the boys from Eco-Lush...
turned this... into this



The base is compacted crushed dust and the recycled rubber-backed turf is topped with fine sand and "tyre crumb" (from recycled tyres!) for cushioning. It has so far passed the "rolly-polly kids" test and the "husband lying in the shade" test, but thankfully not the "doggy ablutions" test - yet!
Anyone who wants to try out the soccer pitch is very welcome, I'll be under the pagoda with a cocktail ;-) Lovely!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic - environmentally friendly, low maintenance and looks great!
Not so good - gets extremely hot underfoot so not good for bare little feet. And if you have a pooch that likes to go to the toilet on it, it retains the odour and really stinks especially when it gets hot.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, I wanna come check it out!

Anonymous said...

If you had told me you were having hot tradies around to install a lawn, I would have finished your necklace earlier and come over to sip icies with you and to watch the boys sweat...

In any event, your necklace is now done :D

Would you care to have a coffee at some point to talk about pretty thing and to receive your gift?

Xx

Sheldon said...
This comment has been removed by the author.