Thursday, April 24, 2008

Reader SOS: A little cushion love

"Dear Nina,
After seeing your house, I now have an obsession about sourcing two funky and bright cushions for our sofas. They are dark brown leather in a beige painted room with brown wood furniture (get the picture?) I like lime green and bright blue although not necessarily together....Where do I need to go to find something like I see in your house. Please send me some divine intervention Nina!!!"

Emma, I chose fabrics sourced in Canberra to make my cushions, I chose the highly patterned Amy Butler Water Lotus fabric from her Nigella collection as my 'hero' fabric (from Addicted to Fabric, Phillip), then tied in the dark greeny/mud colour to bring it down a little. I then made a textured plain colour cushion and a bold graphic tying the mud back in with the hot pink. Try having a look for fabrics you love which will tie in with a couple of bold designs.

Here are some of my favourite picks...


Donna Aylen designs, at Rarified Framing Gallery.

Karen Hilton Designs (UK), online via ETSY

Frances Rose (UK), online via ETSY
And don't forget Inside Story will custom make your cushions from the most comprehensive and delicious choices of fabrics in Canberra.

Got a style dilemma? drop me a line...

No comments: