Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Wishing Wednesday: Baby vintage caravan

Ever since I visited Canberra's National Museum of Australia and fell deeply in love with this gorgeous pink baby vintage caravan, right there on display, I have secretly yearned to overhaul the design of a caravan of my own - or help a caravan manufacturer to see the light of day...because honestly, new caravans are U.G.L.Y (you aint got no alibi). Most make me hyperventilate with their ghastliness.

Up until then, knowing how they just are, I have never coveted the humble caravan, never felt need to stay in a little hovel on wheels. But lately I've been yearning to get stuck into a project like this...

... I could take
this manky caravan...


...wave my magic wand, and turn it into this stying diva (as seen on Design Shimmer)...



It could be my lovely plaything...I could be convinced to go 'camping', although, I would probably want to LIVE in it... now where will I put my shoe collection?
Seriously though, if anyone wants to buy this one for me... as a project, I would be quite grateful...I wish.

1 comment:

JustJess said...

That is a great project idea I too have loved the retro beauty at the National Museum, and have lots of the merchandise for gift cards. A caravan makeover would be wonderful.