Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Papercuts never looked so good

I've been spending far too long these last few days cruising around on Etsy and checking out the clever Canberrans we have on there. Tamara showed us her extremely cool Florence Broadhurst Gnome back in January, but just have a look at what she's up to now...

"I've been creative for as long as I can remember, trying my hand at many different arts and crafts. However, it was a year spent in Denmark that opened my eyes to the endless possibilities of papercutting, which the Danes call papirklipning. This is a craft that takes great concentration, precision and a steady hand because a simple slip can ruin hours of work.

My favourite time of the year is Christmas. I guess it has something to do with the special food and making an effort to catch up with friends and family. And the decorations, of course! (handmade only!!) So it's only appropriate that the first items I've listed in my store are Christmas ornaments. I hope you enjoy looking at them (and maybe purchasing a couple!) as much as I've enjoyed making them."

These amazing papercut ornaments are so perfect to pop inside a Christmas card for someone special... check them out now at Tamara Designs on Etsy... just beautiful.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

Just georgous! I was wondering if you might post a small tutorial on your blog. A while ago you posted some pics of your house and in one of them was some lovely canvases that you had covered with paper from pepe's papierie. Now I know how to do this with fabric - but I would love to know how to do it with paper!
Thanks heaps in advance,
Andrea

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamara,

love your work, checked out etsy for all your clever things, would love to see you at Handmade in Feb.

Jules
www.handmademarket.com.au

Anonymous said...

Andrea - An artist called Elsa Mora (Elsita) has collated a huge amount of information on how to do papercutting on her blog:
http://elsita.typepad.com/allaboutpapercutting/
and I've found a great summary tutorial on another blog here:
http://www.skinnylaminx.com/2008/02/cut-tut.html
The best tip I can offer is to make sure you have a very sharp craft knife.

Tamara
tamaradesigns.etsy.com